Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Done





Whoohoo....he's done. I've now modelled the cape to finish off the character. It took quite a while to make it look like it was blowing in the wind, but i think it does the trick. I wasn't planning to texture my characters, but thanks to a certain Mr.Richie Hoyle, i have now discovered the joys of the 3d paint tool in Maya. The 3d paint tool allows you to paint directly on to your model, without the need of laying out all of those evil UV thingy majjigers. It's just sooo much easier to texture this way....you can see what your texturing for a start!! Obviously the results aren't as accurate as the Photoshop method, but it does the trick. It'll be good to show some form of texturing as it would add some life into my models, but for the moment i'm just going to experiment with the 3d paint tool. For the time being, i've bee doing some lighting tests with ambient occlusion and global illumination, which are really good at picking out the detail in a model.

1 comment:

RichTea said...

Aaaah, Mr. Beale I presume.
It all looks great. Shame the 3d paint tool has turned out to be shit!!!
I'm getting into uv mapping now.
Bye.
(Get us a job)
(please)